We were veryÂ privilegedÂ to have Michael Urquhart of Gordon & MacPhail as our guest of honour on Janaury 25th at Fort Calgary. Michael lead us through a tasting of six great whiskies (listed below) and did a wonderful job of addressing the haggis. Our good friend Andy Dunn (the importer for Benromach and Gordon & MacPhail was also on hand and in fine form.
Mary Ann Houston of the Calgary Police Service returned for her 7th straight year as our piper. Terry Lauder, past President of the Calgary Burns Club who’s been at 7 of our last 8 Burns Suppers also returned after a year of absence to give the ImmortalÂ Memory.
Participants had the unique opportunity this year of helping Kensington Wine Market select a cask of whisky to be bottled exclusively for our store.
The above photo is of the barrel samples from which KWM will choose a future Bourbon cask to be bottled for our store. Participants we also treated to a flight of six whiskies from Gordon & MacPhail and Benromach Distillery:
- Benromach 10 Year – $62.99
- Benromach Cask Strength – $80.99
- Benromach Organic – $71.49
- Benromach Peat Smoke – $69.49
- Smith’s Glenlivet 21 Year – $119.49
- G&M Tamdhu 1971 40 Year – $249.99
A very special thanks to all of those who attended our 2013 Burns Supper, and especially to those without whose participation, the event would not have been so special!
- Michael Urquhart – Guest of Honour / Address to a Haggis
- Andy Dunn – Importer Gold Medal Marketing
- Mary Ann Houston – Piper
- Terry Lauder – The Immortal Memory
- Susan Chalier – Reply to the Toast to the Lassies
- Nancy Carten – Owner Kensington Wine Market
- The Springbank School of Highland Dance
- The staff at Fort Calgary
- Kensington Wine Market Staff: Marty Rozon and Hunter Sullivan
- Andrew Ferguson – Chairman
Our 2014 Scots What Hae Robbie Burns Supper is booked for Saturday January 25th 2014, returning to Fort Calgary.