One of our most popular tastings, we pair beer with its true soul mate, cheese! We sample six tasty beers each carefully paired with Cheese from Janice Beaton. On this occasion, Janice was herself on hand to talk cheese with our guests.
- Oskar Blues MamaÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Little Yella Pils The first lager produced with the 20 bbl brewhouse at Oskar Blues. This pilsner is a clear golden colour. Four additions of Saaz hops lend a spicy-floral hop component. – $18.69/6 pack
- Grimbergen CuvÃƒÂ©e AmbrÃƒÂ©e/Dubbel With the phoenix as its symbol, Grimbergen Abbey rose up from the ashes century after century to offer a unique beer whose unexpected flavours reveal themselves with each sip. Produced from the double fermentation of several malts and hops, Grimbergen Double AmbrÃƒÂ©e is a dark-colored abbey beer with ruby overtones. Its taste is deep and has a very full bitter-sweet flavour with hints of caramel, dried plums and malt. – $18.99/6 pack
- Parallel 49 Robo Ruby This strong Red Ale will excite Gypsy Tears fans as they enjoy all the favourite qualities but with an extra edge. Brewed with Centennial, Cascade and Columbus hops and Pale, Crystal and Victoria malts along with roasted wheat to give that exceptional melody of malt and hop balance but with the strength of an imperial. – $6.49/650ml
- Rogue Rogue New Crustacean Barleywineish IPA Not quite a barley wine and not quite a double or imperial IPA. Just drink it and enjoy! Brewed with Weyermann & Bohemian Malts; Bravo, Amarillo, Falconer’s Flight & Horizon Hops; Free Range Coastal Water & Pacman Yeast. – $14.69/750ml
- MoylanÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s Dragoons Dry Irish Stout Dry, roasty and incredibly rich in flavour, Dragoon’s Dry Irish Stout is made with a unique blend of imported hops and malted barley from the United Kingdom. This award winning stout is brewed in the Irish tradition. – $9.59/650ml
- Brasseris Dunham, Imperial Black IPA The imperial version of Dunham’s Black IPA. Heavily hopped to 117 IBUÃ¢â‚¬â„¢s with Centennial, Colombus, Nugget and Cascade hops. Aromas of roasted malts, chocolate, coffee and resinous hops. The palate hits you with a big bitter note followed by dark chocolate and piney hops. - $18.69/6 pack
The Evening’s Two Most Popular Beers